–Michael Sonick , DMD and the Team of Fairfield County Dental Club
Enrollment Form Download
FCDC 2018-19 Seminar Itinerary & Registration Packet
October 23, 2018 – Special Evening Seminar – CE:3
“Immediate Full Arch Reconstruction – Teeth in a Day”
This seminar is hosted by FCDC, Wayne Szara, CDT, Michael Sonick, DMD and Ray Ma, DMD
The surgical success of dental implants has become quite predictable, with success rates approaching 98%. In order to achieve optimal function, esthetics, and long-term success in the final implant restoration, the importance of pre-surgical evaluation, including the use of CBCT, diagnosis, and treatment planning cannot be overemphasized.
Immediate loading of the edentulous mandible and maxilla, both with and without immediate extraction, will be discussed and shown in a sequential step by step fashion. This treatment has a success rate of 98%.
Patients are able to leave your office with fixed teeth the day or extraction. This unique predictable service is a practice can become a practice niche. Patients do not just like, but love the concept of leaving your office with fixed teeth.
The protocols and parts needed to produce this restoration will be shown and demonstrated.
Time: 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Cost: Free of charge with registration (click here to register for this special evening seminar)
December 7, 2018 – Amy Doneen, ARNP / Bradley Bale, MD
“A Guarantee of Arterial Wellness: The Critical Role of Oral Health”
This course will elucidate essential elements for establishing and maintaining cardiovascular wellness. The dental profession is positioned to play a profound role in this regard. Oral health staff and providers will learn concurrent health issues and physical traits their patients may have which heighten CV risk. Attendees will be informed about the wisdom of utilizing technology to detect asymptomatic CV disease (CVD). This course will provide education regarding inflammation as the cause of CVD. A special focus will be directed toward oral health as a cause of arterial disease and potential trigger of CV events. The Bale/Doneen Method bridges the gap between medicine and dentistry to promote arterial wellness. Students of this course will be in position to enhance their own CV health as well as their patients.
1. Recognize health issues identifiable in a dental practice that are associated with increased CV risk.
2. Analyze the difference in determining CV event risk based on risk factors versus presence of atherosclerosis.
3. Comprehend inflammation as causal of arterial disease.
4. Appraise oral health as a potential driver of arterial inflammation.
5. Synthesize the above components into a method focused on assessing CV risk.
February 1, 2019 – Terry Donovan, DDS
“Practical Pearls for Clinical Use” A Day with Terry Donovan
The contemporary restorative dentist has an increasing evidence base to consult when making both treatment planning and therapeutic decisions. However, there are numerous areas of controversy where the evidence does not provide a clear answer without interpretation. This presentation will discuss several controversial topics related to restorative dentistry and attempt to provide guidance based on the best available evidence.
Topics to be discussed include:
1. An Evaluation of Current Ceramic Materials
2. Diagnosis and Management of Dental Erosion
3. Current Controversies in Restorative Dentistry:
- Amalgam vs. Composite Resin
- Tooth reinforcement with adhesive materials
- Contemporary Cement Selection
- Etiology and Management of Non-carious Cervical Lesions
- Bonding of Zirconia Restorations
- Direct Pulp Capping: MTA vs. Calcium Hydroxide
- Metal vs. Flexible Endodontic Dowels
- Implants vs. Endodontics
- Cemented vs. Screw-Retained Implant Supported Restorations
- Cordless Gingival Displacement
- Occlusal Vertical Dimension
- Silver diamine fluoride
After attending this presentation, participants will:
1. Understand the differences in presenting signs of intrinsic and extrinsic erosion.
2. Understand which ceramic systems work and where they should be used.
3. Understand when and how NCCLs should be restored.
4. Understand when direct pulp capping should be accomplished and what materials to use.
5. Understand when to use an endodontic post and what type of post to use.
6. Understand the important role silver diamine fluoride will play in the management of root caries.
February 27, 2019 – Evening Seminar
“Comprehensive Treatment Planning Seminar – Multiple Case Presentation”
Dinner will be served followed by a lively two hour discussion of treatment planning. Five to ten participants will present cases to be treatment planned or show already completed cases. This will be followed by a spirited discussion of the therapeutic alternatives that exist – an excellent way to exchange ideas and to expand your knowledge base. This forum will also serve as a learning crucible for the difficult cases. Please note that you do not have to present cases to participate.
March 29, 2019 – Marco Brindis, DDS
“Material Selection for The Everyday Implant Dentist: What when and how. Where we are and where we are going”
This course provides valuable information everyday practice. The following topics will be covered:
- Restorations: additive vs retentive
- Evidence based ceramic material selection
- Implant abutment material selection: The 3 levels of interest
- Cements: Optimize your clinical results
- Cementation protocol for implant supported crowns
- Indications and Contraindications
- Clinical Applications
- New generation of monolithic ceramic materials
- New bonding protocols for the new generation or ceramic materials
- The new generation of ceramics for veneer restorations
April 17, 2019 – Darrell Cain, CPA
“Financial Decisions the Dentist Must Get Right:” Real-World Answers to Dentistry’s Tough Financial Questions”
- Determine how to minimize social security taxes, state and federal taxes
- Learn how practice ownership better positions you to accumulate and retain wealth
- Discover the advantages of saving in a tax-deferred environment
- Illuminate the impact setting realistic goals for your business has on your personal financial goals
- Identify the right way and the right time to acquire another office
- Discover the rewards of bringing an associate or partner into the practice when the time is right
- Learn the importance of having a vision when following a personal and business financial plan
May 10, 2019 – Monish Bhola, DDS
“Strategies for Preventing Periodontal and Peri-implant Disease”
Dr. Bhola will review the diagnosis and management of periodontal and peri-implant diseases. Treatment modalities for the failing dentition both with and without teeth will be reviewed. When to treat and when to remove a failing implant will be discussed. The afternoon presentation will focus on the Lip Stat technique. Dr Bhola has refined and developed a procedure to reposition the lip to eliminate the gummy smile, thus avoiding the need for orthognathic surgery and Botox.